How I Ended Up in Brussels

         Actually, Brussels was not part of my original travel plan. I was on a break from school so I decided to travel to Paris and Rome. First, I flew to Paris from Copenhagen and then bought a one way ticket to Rome. I wasn’t sure when I wanted to go back so I didn’t buy a ticket. After couple days in Rome, I decided to check the plane tickets back to CPH and the prices just tripled. I remember I was on the phone with friends then and joking about staying in Rome for few more weeks till the price drop. Then, a friend of mine suggested meeting in Brussels and flying out from there. Lucky us because it was so much cheaper that way. So, that was the story behind how I ended up in Brussels and glad I made that decision because Brussels was so worth it.

        After indulging in some famous Belgium waffles and sweet chocolates, we came upon this antique shop called Galerie Des Minimes. When you walk into the store, it feels like you just went back in time. So many vintage collections of paintings, chandeliers, chairs, giant statues and many more odd and beautiful objects in there. We probably spent way more time there than we should have. The owners were nice enough to allow us "fool" around and take photos inside. 

We finished the day by coming back to the city center. The Grand Place is surrounded by elegant historic buildings that is worldly renown for its aesthetic architecture style. Its beautiful both during day and nigh time. There were many street performers around so it's worth awhile to sit and watch if you have the time.

Thanks to my last minutes planning habits that I ended up in Brussels for the weekend. It’s a small but a beautiful place filled with nice people and interesting shops. Hope you enjoyed it thus far and have a warm rest of your day. 

Outfit details: 
Coat from J.Crew
Top from H&M
Jeans from Urban Outfitters 
Boots from Steve Madden 

Thank you for stopping by,
xo Sonam













1 comment: