Summer Rush

This summer is magical! A time for exploration and personal growth. I was telling some of my friends how this summer is probably one of the most productive summer breaks I had since college started. Its funny how I became so much more active when I didn’t push myself with bunch of “resolutions” or “to-do lists” at the start of the summer. These never works for me. Instead, it works better when I set small goals day to day because they are much more realistic and attainable. 
I was lucky enough to have found an internship where I met some amazing mentors and a job that allowed me to learn and grow while working on projects that I was passionate about. It felt so worth it and great when the things you worked hard on get praised and used by your clients. Those couple months of internship was such a good learning experiences and I am forever grateful of the skills and connections I got from it. 
This summer I worked on couple personal projects. One of them is sewing. After watching lot of youtube videos about thrifting at the start of summer, I got really inspired to make clothes. There isn't any good thrift shops around me so I dug through my family's old clothes and started transforming pieces using my mom's old sewing machine. Everyday after work, I would come home and start cutting and sewing. It was such a fun and destress activity.  I can't wait to show you all the clothes I made so far this summer. 
You might heard of my other project for this summer. The youtube project my best friend and I are working on called Len.Zom. We talked about something similar to this since freshman and we are so happy it come to live this summer. You can check it out at @Len.Zom 


 Lastly, these photos are taken during a birthday party of a family friend early this week. We went a walk and were just in time for the golden hour before sunset. I always love taking my photos right before sunset and this set of photos is one of my new favorites. Anyways, summer is coming to an end soon but do you guys have any plan before that? Any trips planned? 






Photo by Kyinzom

Outfit details: 
Dress from Urban Outfitters 
Heels from ZigiSOHO

Thanks for stopping by, 

Xo Sonam



No comments:

Post a Comment