Learn to Love Yourself and Start Enjoying Life


I have been in so many situations before where I would constantly compare myself to others and repeatedly put myself down. When I see photos on social media, I felt like I should be ashamed of posting my own because I'm not beautiful enough or skinny enough like them. When I see someone on vacation while I’m working, I think of how boring my life is.  It really tires you out emotionally and mentally when you constantly feed these negative and toxic thoughts in your head. 



There is this quote from a book I read that said: "The happiest life is the life of others". We are so fast to jump to conclusions and especially, with just a photo from Instagram or facebook we tent to believe others life is so adventurous and so perfect. Everyone is busy comparing life to others and forgetting to enjoy their own. So how do we stop having these unhealthy thoughts or at least not let these thoughts affect us? I have tried many things before. I deactivated my snapchat for a whole school semester and it helped me to focus on my own life and encourage me to connect with my friends more face to face and enjoy good times together.  But deleting snapchat did not cut those unhealthy thoughts because I still had instagram or facebook to feed my insecurities. Another thing I did was that I tried leaving my phone in the room when going to classes or social events. This allowed me to fully engage with the current moment and cut down the time of being online but those unhealthy thoughts were still there.
I guess what I am trying to say is that these healthy practices help in the short term but it doesn't work in the long run. To cut these negative thoughts out completely, you have to change the way you think and how you view yourself. This could take months or even years but you will be so much happier and satisfy with your own life. Learn to love yourself, most importantly, learn to love your flaws. Practice that and motivate yourself. Also, just because someone else is beautiful, doesn't mean you are not. If you feel like your life is boring, what are you doing to change that? Just rolling around the bed and scrolling through the web will not change your life. Summer break is on but not for long. So, start crossing your summer bucket list off and make this summer memorable.  
This is probably the longest and most personal blog post I have ever written but I hope it will encourage someone who is also struggling with the same thing. I am still learning and constantly fighting those unhealthy thoughts but I am feeling so much better and satisfied with myself and my life because I change the way I think and view. You do not have to put someone else or yourself in order to feel happy or satisfied. Start within yourself and change yourself. Thank you for reading all the way till here and finishing it. Do you have any tips on self love or any story related to this? Comment down below because I would love to hear from you and your journey.







photography by Tashi and me

Outfit details:
Top is Vintage
Skirt from H&M
Blouse from Forever 21

Thank you for stopping by,
XO Sonam

No comments:

Post a Comment