Unfamiliar Spaces

The music building on campus always felt bit intimidating and unfamiliar to me. Every time I walk pass by, I would sneak few glances from the glass door and quickly go on my way. Most people going in that building would either be carrying an instrument or bulks of music sheets and I had none of them. For a person who doesn’t play any instruments or even have a decent singing skill… I was quiet hesitant to go in till now. I felt the unfamiliarity of the space right from the start. The ambience and the structure of the place were very different from the usual class halls I goto. Each room were set up differently and for specific purposes. It felt like I was in a different campus. Do you guys ever experience this when you visit different major department buildings? 

As we walk further in, we see student musicians practicing and singing in various rooms. Hallways were bombarded with promotional posters of upcoming recital events. We also saw students just hanging out in the lounge area talking and laughing. I realized then, the unfamiliarity of the space was long gone. There were no differences between us. The people here are holding instruments rather than pencils but everyone is just striving toward their goals. We shouldn't be afraid to enter into an unfamiliar space just because it's distinct from our usual spaces. We will surprise to find the unexpected similarities that we all share. 






Outfit details: 
Both tops from H&M
Skirt from American Eagle 

Thanks for stopping by, 
xo, Sonam 

No comments:

Post a Comment